- Dependent variable and covariate variable(s) should be measured on a continuous scale
- Independent variable should consist of two or more categories
- Independence of observations
- No significant outliers
- Residuals should be approximately normally distributed for each category of the independent variable
- Homogeneity of variances
- Covariate should be linearly related to the dependent variable at each level of the independent variable.
Ho: main effect of independent variable_i is not significant.
ha: main effect of independent variable_i is significant.
- Critical value
- Decision rule
Reject Ho if F < F(1-a/2,n1-1,n2-1) or F > F(a/2,n1-1,n2-1)